The Crash Out Mat provides an amazing blend of low weight, small pack size and low price. This is a winning combination, especially when combined with a good level of comfort.
The lightest go-anywhere mattress for Summer backpacking.
- Multi-functional valve: Simple and effective non-return valve. High flow-rate allows quick and easy inflation and deflation.
- Compact: Space saving design allows the mat to fold down to just half the size of a 1L Nalgene bottle.
- Durable: The 20D rip-stop Nylon construction with TPU coating results in a durable, abrasion resistant and waterproof mat.
- Comfortable: Curved baffles aligned to the body's contours provide support and comfort for back and side sleepers alike.
- Weight: 332g (excludes storage sack)
- Dimensions: 51 x 180cm
- Tapered foot: 38cm
- Thickness: 6.3cm
- Pack size: 18 x 8cm
- ASTM R-Value: Estimated at 1.0 (This mat has not been tested, this is an estimate based on sleeping mats with similar specifications)
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.